Therapy for Teens
Recognize Adolescent Signs of Stress
- Does your adolescent seem sad, moody, worried, or withdrawn from family and/or friends?
- Has a teacher mentioned changes in their ability to focus, complete assignments, or interact with peers?
- Does your teen frequently report stomach aches or headaches and refuse to attend school?
- Does your teen seem overly concerned with their body or weight?
- Is your adolescent having trouble sleeping?
- Are you concerned with the group of friends your teen is hanging out with?
- Does your teen need help realizing and pursuing his/her interests, talents or goals?
- Does your teen experience stress related to his/her dating relations?
- Does he/she appear overwhelmed with stress related to school or sports, difficulty making friends, or being bullied?
Helping each teen succeed
As a parent, you want your teen to thrive in all aspects of life, which is why it is so painful to see them struggle. If this sounds like your adolescent, it is important to know that he/she is not alone. Teens often display signs of stress differently than adults, resulting in parents feeling at a loss of how to help.
Dr. Hick’s approach focuses on relationship issues within a teen’s life, including relationships with parents, siblings, teachers, friends, and in dating. All too often, issues in a teen’s relationships contribute to issues in other areas of life. Dr. Hick’s approach involves strategies tailored to your teen’s age, interests, and abilities, focused on assessing his/her strengths as well as challenges.
Therapy helps your teen learn how to adapt to change or loss, learn coping skills, make healthy friends and dating choices, perform better in school, and express themselves in healthy, prosocial ways. Therapy ultimately helps your teen develop a strong social support system, vital to their success. Dr. Hick, Denver therapist, works collaboratively with parents, teachers, and pediatricians to help your teen function better in all aspects of life.
"I feel confident when referring clients who want to work on relationship-readiness or enhancement to Dr. Kristen Hick. Clients gain a sense of security experiencing Dr. Hick’s support and essential ... Read More
"I have had the wonderful experience of both training under and working with Dr. Hick. She is a thoughtful and skilled clinician, who is passionate about helping clients achieve their ... Read More
- Group Therapy for Transforming Trauma - Now Accepting New Members!
- New: Online Therapy for Individuals and Couples
- Therapy for Divorce
- Therapy for Love & Relationship Addiction
- Therapy for Pregnancy, Infertility, and Postpartum Health
- Therapy for Teens
- Therapy for Trauma and Abuse
- Free Ebook: Fearless Living and Loving
- Hiring Now! - Psychologist / Doctoral Level Therapist
- Speaking and Workshops
- Group Therapy for Divorce Recovery - Accepting New Members Now!
- Group Therapy for Postpartum Moms
- Therapy for Anxiety
- Therapy for Couples
- Therapy for Dating and Relationships
- Therapy for Depression
- Therapy for Divorce and Break-Up Recovery