Therapy for Divorce
Working Through Your Divorce
The process of divorce is different for each and every person who experiences it. Most people try everything to repair or save their marriage. Divorce was previously unimaginable, yet it has unfortunately become a possibility.
Common Feelings and Experiences:
- Broken trust
- Hurt, anger, sadness, and/or confusion
- Grief over what the relationship “could have been”
- Guilt and upset that your children will grow up with divorced parents
- Loss of your marriage dream
- Difficulty juggling being a single parent
- Difficulty co-parenting with your ex
- Financial hardship
- Doubt of your decision to divorce
- Feeling overwhelmed by the legal process
- Swearing off future relationships
- Difficulty picturing life without your spouse
- Loss of ties to shared family and friends
- Difficulty adjusting to an independent life without him/her
- Feeling overwhelmed with putting your life back together (e.g., moving, separating finances, and change in financial resources)
Whether you initiated the divorce or your spouse did, getting through it takes time and support. Friends and family can be helpful when you need to vent, and can be there to lean on and bring a smile to your face when you really need one. However, friends and family can only do so much, for so long.
Individual counseling with an experienced Psychologist can assist you in putting your life back in order, help you feel supported during the process, and provide perspective for learning from your divorce experience.
Divorce may have caught you by surprise and it does not have to knock you down. Call today to see how Dr. Hick, Denver relationship therapist, can help you feel stronger during and after your divorce.
"Having known Dr. Kristen Hick for nearly the last decade, I have been fortunate enough to watch the passion (at some points, literally watching at her side) and focus this ... Read More
"I feel confident when referring clients who want to work on relationship-readiness or enhancement to Dr. Kristen Hick. Clients gain a sense of security experiencing Dr. Hick’s support and essential ... Read More
- Group Therapy for Postpartum Moms - Accepting New Members Now!
- Group Therapy for Divorce Recovery - Accepting New Members!
- Therapy for Anxiety
- Therapy for Dating and Relationships
- Therapy for Depression
- Therapy for Divorce and Break-Up Recovery
- Therapy for Divorce
- Therapy for Love & Relationship Addiction
- Therapy for Pregnancy, Infertility, and Postpartum Health
- Therapy for Teens
- Therapy for Trauma and Abuse
- Free Ebook: Fearless Living and Loving
- Relationship Therapist in Denver - Hiring Now!
- Speaking and Workshops